Applying Scientific and
Professional Engineer Inspectors
Applying Scientific and Engineering
to Home Inspections
and Building Inspections
Pre-Purchase Home, Building, Condo, and
Co-op Inspections in Manhattan, Queens,
Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, Nassau,
Suffolk, Rockland, Putnam, and Westchester
Click on the green highlighted text to navigate this website.
Call 646.757.4500 and speak with a senior staff member.
We are happy to help you.
- All inspections are performed under the terms of a pre-inspection agreement. Click here to access agreements.
- Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home or other physical address, an e-mail address, or other contact information, and information about a home or building you wish to purchase. In general, you can visit HEIMER's Web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. If you provide personal information, all such information is provided by you on a voluntary basis.
- HEIMER does not share information about any inspection with anyone except the client who ordered that inspection.
- If you post any reviews of HEIMER, HEIMER's services, or HEIMER's Engineers, then you waive all rights to privacy. Although HEIMER no longer has an obligation to protect your privacy, HEIMER will protect your privacy to the extent possible.
- If you post any defamatory reviews of HEIMER, HEIMER's services, or HEIMER's Engineers, then you waive all rights to privacy. In addition, HEIMER retains the right to pursue legal remedies in a Court of Law, including recovering all damages.
- Where HEIMER collects personal information on the Web, we do not intend to transfer personal information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on HEIMER's behalf unless such transfer is legally required.
- HEIMER makes every effort to assure all web transactions are transmitted via https: You should heed any warnings from your web browser about non-secure transactions.
- Any personal information you provide us will be transferred using HEIMER's third party Web servers, which are located in the United States of America, or other computers under the control of HEIMER. Personal information may also be transferred to HEIMER's Commack, New York, USA office, or to another location under the control of HEIMER's employees. HEIMER operates under the applicable laws of the State of New York and the United States of America.
- Any time that you use the Web, personal information may be exposed. Unscrupulous people not under HEIMER's control or known to HEIMER may make use of that information. You are responsible to take necessary precautions to protect personal information. For example, all software that you use should have the latest updates installed.
- HEIMER sends information to Google Analytics that is used to identify website use and client engagement on our website. Information includes website visits, link clicks, page scrolls, page unloads, etc. Personally identifiable information is not shared with any third parties.
- Google may associate your Google account(s) with usage on HEIMER's website. This is done only with your consent to Google to ad personalization. HEIMER has no access to your personal information. Google has stated that you can withdraw this consent at any time.
- HEIMER has no control over how Google uses any information you provide to Google.
- All email addresses provided to HEIMER may be included in Constant Contact or other mailings. HEIMER does not share those email addresses, or use the email addresses for solicitation. If you chose to opt out of these email lists, then you risk not receiving important update information. By providing your email address to HEIMER, you agree that you will receive non-solicitation emails from HEIMER.
- Someone other than you may provide HEIMER with your email address for the purpose of setting up an inspection. HEIMER has not way of determining if an email addresses was provided without your consent. If you receive unwanted emails, please unsubscribe.
- You may choose whether you provide personal information to HEIMER. If you choose not to provide the personal information we request, you can still visit HEIMER's website, but you may be unable to access certain options and services.
- If you choose to have a business relationship with HEIMER, we will continue to contact you in connection with that business relationship, and may use personal information in these contacts. All business relationships are under the terms of contacts available for download at www.heimer.com/go/agreements.html. If you provide an email address or phone number to HEIMER, we will use that information to contact you in connection with the specific services you request.
- We may use any email address you provide to send emails of general interest to our clients. You can opt out at any time. We do not share these emails with any third party.
- HEIMER does not verify that the person owning a particular email address is the person who provided us with that email address. We generally do not have people providing us with email addresses that they do now own.
- Our Web pages may utilize "cookies" or other tracking technologies. A "cookie" is a small text file that is used to collect information about your visit to our web site, and may contain personal information. Most Web browsers allow you to control "cookies", including whether or not to accept them. You can also remove a "Cookie" from your hard disk, if you desire. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie or you may choose to block cookies with your browser. If you erase or block a cookie, you may need to re-enter information that you have provided to us. Certain HEIMER Web pages may be inaccessible if you do not enable "cookies".
- HEIMER's Web server logs all requests, and such logs are kept by HEIMER for an indefinite period. Tracking technologies may record information such as Internet domain and host names, Internet addresses, browser software and operating system types, and dates and times that our site is accessed. Details of the log files are treated as any other personal information.
- Wherever your personal information is held by HEIMER or on its behalf, we plan to take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information that you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure.
- To the extent that you do provide personal information, HEIMER will try to maintain accurate personal information. Should you need to update or correct that information, you may send updates and corrections about your personal information to Webmaster@heimer.com and we will make reasonable efforts to incorporate the changes in any personal information that we hold as soon as practicable.
- Third parties provide certain services to HEIMER. HEIMER may provide information, including personal information that HEIMER collects, to third party service providers to help us deliver information and services. Service providers also maintain HEIMER's electronic mailing lists. HEIMER will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third party service providers are obligated to protect personal information provided on HEIMER's behalf.
- HEIMER does not intend to transfer personal information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on HEIMER's behalf unless such transfer is legally required. HEIMER never sells or trades personal information collected online.
- Children under 18 cannot readily make use of HEIMER's services, as they generally are not involved in real estate transactions. HEIMER may provide services on behalf of children under 18, provided HEIMER is retained by an adult aged 18 years or older. We do not attempt to identify the age of anyone providing personal information to HEIMER. Nothing on HEIMER's web site is inappropriate for children.
- All documents that contain personally identifiable information and are not retained by HEIMER are shredded.
- All documents containing personally identifiable information regarding prospective clients who do not begin scheduling an appointment are shredded. Once a client initiates scheduling an appointment, HEIMER may retain the information.
- If you release any report issued by HEIMER to any government or non-government agency, any Attorney, any Broker, or any other person or entity, you forever wave any right to privacy protection under this policy.
- If you provide information on the existence of any report issued by HEIMER to any government or non-government agency, any Attorney, any Broker, or any other person or entity, you forever wave any right to privacy protection under this policy. HEIMER will then make a determination as to whether to release further information.
- If you release any report issued by HEIMER to any government or non-government agency, any Attorney, any Broker, or any other person or entity so as to mislead that person or entity you forever wave any right to privacy protection under this policy and HEIMER will release portions of the report as deemed necessary by HEIMER.
- If you post (or allow to be posted or ask someone to post on your behalf) a review, article, video, photograph, news story, blog, or any other public disclosure or comment on HEIMER, HEIMER's staff, HEIMER's reports, HEIMER's inspections, HEIMER's business practices, any services HEIMER' provided to you or on your behalf, or any other aspect of your relationship with HEIMER, you wave all rights to any expectation of privacy forever. HEIMER has the right to respond in any way it sees fit, including posting what would otherwise be considered private information, information from the inspection report, or other information HEIMER may have. You further agree to hold HEIMER harmless for any consequences of your post or HEIMER's response to your post.
- Should any government agency or Court of law request a copy of any report or other personal information during the normal course of the agency's or Court's operation, HEIMER will release the information as requested.
- HEIMER will not seek to block any legitimate government law enforcement agency from obtaining information provided by you to HEIMER.
- Should HEIMER become aware of any criminal activities (or intended criminal activities), HEIMER will report such information to the appropriate law enforcement agencies.
Contact Heimer Engineering℠
Heimer Engineering℠ is happy to help you. Senior Staff members are available Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM. After 5 PM, please leave a message. Messages are checked during the day on Sunday, and Sunday evening through Thursday evening. Inspections are performed seven days a week.
Heimer Engineering's℠ inspection fees are competitive with non-Engineer Home Inspector's fees, especially when you consider that many non-Engineers charge extra for termite inspections, swimming pools, etc.
Inspection orders are taken by senior staff members. A real estate purchase is complex and you should be able to speak with someone who can answer your inspection questions.
To set up an appointment for a pre-purchase inspection or to find out about Engineering services or expert court testimony email Info@heimer.com, text 888.769.6910, or call 646.757.4500. If no staff member is in the office, leave a message.
Ask About a Web Discount
Heimer Engineering℠ serve the Greater New York area, including New York City (Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island), Long Island (Nassau County, Suffolk County, and Upstate New York (Rockland County, Putnam County, and Westchester County).
In the event of a life-threatening emergency call 911. Emergency situations need to be handled by first-responders who can evacuate buildings, shut utilities off, and take other steps necessary to preserve life.
Standards of Practice
and Code of Ethics
Heimer Engineering's℠ Professional Engineer Home Inspectors substantially adhere to the InterNACHI® Code of Ethics, to Subpart 197-4 of the State of New York Code of Ethics and Regulations for Home Inspectors, the ASHI® Standards of Practice, and the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE®) Code of Ethics. In the event of a conflict, the Professional Engineer Home Inspectors use Engineering judgment to decide what standard or Engineering principle takes precedence. All State of New York Licensed Professional Engineers are bound by New York State Education Law Article 145.
Ask about a web discount. Discounts are also available for referrals (attorney, real estate broker, mortgage broker, co-worker, friend) first time buyers, senior citizens, military (army, navy, air force, marines, coast guard), first responders (police, ambulance, fire), municipal employees, security personnel, and union members.
Translate This Webpage
|Using Google Translate, you can view this webpage in the language of your choice.|
Heimer Engineering PC℠ performs home inspections, building inspections, condo inspections, and co-op inspections in the State of New York. Expert witness services are provided regarding playground injuries, parking lot, walkway, and stairway slip, trip, and fall.
The Heimer Engineering PC℠ website was designed and is maintained by Harold Krongelb PE. The contents of this website were written by Harold Krongelb PE. This website is not intended to offer Engineering opinions or advice. Sitemaps and indexing information can be found at Page Sitemap, Image Sitemap, Mobile Sitemap, and Video Sitemap.
©1997-2019 Andrea and Harold Krongelb. All rights reserved. Used under a revocable license by Heimer Engineering PC. All documents and methods used by Heimer Engineering PC are owned by Harold and Andrea Krongelb and are used under a revocable license.
Hashtags: #HomeInspection, #HomeInspector, #HouseInspection, #BuildingInspection, #CondoInspection, #CondominiumInspection, #CoopInspection, #ProfessionalEngineer, #NewYorkEngineer, #PrePurchaseInspection, #HeimerEngineering, #NewYorkHeimer Engineering PC
2171 Jericho Turnpike, Suite 230
Commack, New York, USA 11725-2947
Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island: 646.757.4500
Nassau County, Suffolk County, New York: 516.487.2100 631.858.5500
Westchester County, Putnam County, Rockland County, New York: 914.576.6100 845.638.4900