Reduce Your Heating Bills
Pre-Purchase Home, Building, Condo, and Co-op Inspections in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland, Putnam, and Westchester
from Heimer Engineering℠.
To donate to the American Red Cross Hurricane Florence relief, click here
Click on the green highlighted text to navigate this website.
Call 800.605.1500 and speak with a senior staff member.
Heimer Engineering℠ is happy to help you. 😊
The cooler weather is coming, and it is time to think about maintaining your heating system. Here are a few easy and inexpensive things you can do to improve heating and reduce heating costs:
- One of the most important things that you can do to keep your home or building, comfortably warm is make sure that all windows and skylights are closed when the heating system is running. You would be surprised to find how many windows are left slightly open in an average building on bitter cold days. Children and cleaning staff may open windows and not close them.
- Oil-fired heating systems need to serviced at least once per year. Gas-fired systems should be checked annually, but may not require service.
- If you shut off the heating system for the summer, have a heating system technician check the system and re-activate it. Problems may have developed when the system was off. For example, animals be be nesting in the chimney.
- Clean the chimney flue (for systems that have chimneys). Note that installing a metal flue liner (as is recommended by some chimney cleaning services) may reduce exhaust gas flow through the chimney and cause problems.
- Vacuum all radiators. Dust and debris block airflow through a radiator, and interfere with efficient radiator operation.
- If you have a forced hot air system, make sure inside heating ducts are not blocked by furniture, curtains, etc. Filters may become clogged, and reduce air-conditioner efficiency. The proper operation of a heating system depends on good airflow inside the building.
- Listen to all government and weather service advisories. Excessive cold can cause health issues.
- Because the house or building may have less ventilation, make sure that there are working carbon-monoxide detectors.
Please note that this is not a complete lists, and items mentioned on this page are not necessarily applicable to every home or building.
Contact Heimer Engineering℠
Heimer Engineering℠ is happy to help you. Senior Staff members are available Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM. After 5 PM, please leave a message. Messages are checked during the day on Sunday, and Sunday evening through Thursday evening. Inspections are performed seven days a week.
Heimer Engineering's℠ inspection fees are competitive with non-Engineer's fees, especially when you consider that many non-Engineers charge extra for termite inspections, swimming pools, etc.
Inspection orders are taken by senior staff members. A real estate purchase is complex and you should be able to speak with someone who can answer your inspection questions.
To set up an appointment for a pre-purchase inspection or to find out about Engineering services or expert court testimony email Info@heimer.com, text 888.769.6910, or call 800.605.1500. If no staff member is in the office, leave a message.
Ask About a Web Discount
Heimer Engineering℠ serves the Metro New York area, including New York City (Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island), Long Island (Nassau County, Suffolk County, and Upstate New York (Rockland County, Putnam County, and Westchester County).
In the event of a life-threatening emergency call 911. Emergency situations need to be handled by first-responders who can evacuate buildings, shut utilities off, and take other steps necessary to preserve life.
Standards of Practice
and Code of Ethics
Our Licensed Engineers substantially adhere to the InterNACHI® Code of Ethics, to Subpart 197-4 of the State of New York Code of Ethics and Regulations for Home Inspectors, the ASHI® Standards of Practice, and the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE®) Code of Ethics. In the event of a conflict, the Licensed Engineer uses Engineering judgment to decide what standard or Engineering principle takes precedence. All State of New York Licensed Engineers are bound by New York State Education Law Article 145.
Ask about a web discount. Discounts are also available for referrals (attorney, real estate broker, mortgage broker, co-worker, friend) first time buyers, senior citizens, military (army, navy, air force, marines, coast guard), first responders (police, ambulance, fire), municipal employees, security personnel, and union members.
Translate This Webpage
|Using Google Translate, you can view this webpage in the language of your choice.|
Heimer Engineering℠ performs home inspections, building inspections, condo inspections, and co-op inspections in the State of New York. Expert witness services are provided regarding playground injuries, parking lot, walkway, and stairway slip, trip, and fall.
The Heimer Engineering℠ website was designed and is maintained by Harold Krongelb PE. The contents of this website were written by Harold Krongelb P.E. This website is not intended to offer Engineering opinions or advice. Sitemaps and indexing information can be found at Page Sitemap, Image Sitemap, Mobile Sitemap, and Video Sitemap.
©1997-2018 Andrea and Harold Krongelb. All rights reserved. Used under license by Heimer Engineering PC.Heimer Engineering PC
f/k/a Richard L Heimer PE PC
2171 Jericho Turnpike, Suite 230
Commack, New York, USA 11725-2947
New York Metro: 800.605.1500
New York Metro: 800.640.8090
New York Metro: 646.757.4500
Bronx, New York: 718.547.2000
Brooklyn, New York: 718.237.7777
Manhattan, New York: 212.563.4777
Long Island, New York: 516.487.2100
Long Island, New York: 631.549.2500
Nassau County, New York: 516.487.2100
Putnam County, New York: 845.638.4900
Queens, New York: 718.544.3000
Staten Island, New York: 718.227.5000
Suffolk County, New York: 631.858.5500
Suffolk County, New York: 631.288.3900
Suffolk County, New York: 631.549.2500
Westchester County, New York: 914.576.6100
Fax: 631.858.5599, 646.795.4571