Applying Scientific and
Information for Home Sellers
Professional Engineer Inspectors
Applying Scientific and Engineering
to Home Inspections
and Building Inspections
Pre-Purchase Home, Building, Condo, and
Co-op Inspections in Manhattan, Queens,
Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, Nassau,
Suffolk, Rockland, Putnam, and Westchester
Effective April 1, 2019, smoke detectors in the State of New York must have a 10-year sealed battery. Click here for more info on Smoke Detector requirements.
Click on the green highlighted text to navigate this website.
Call 646.757.4500 and speak with a senior staff member.
We are happy to help you.
As the owner of a house or building that Heimer Engineering has inspected, you may have some questions. The following information answers many of the questions sellers have asked us over the years.
- During the inspection, Heimer Engineering needs access to the home or building. Areas that are sometime difficult to access include the garage, the circuit breaker panel, the attic, the heating system, the hot water system, and the water meter. Please move whatever is necessary to allow the Licensed Engineer access to these areas, along with the rest of the home or building.
- The Licensed Engineer is not permitted to move any personal property, take anything apart, drill, cut, poke, etc.
- As Licensed Engineers, Heimer Engineering has a professional obligation to our clients. You may own the home or building, but that does not give you any right to the information the Licensed Engineer collects during the inspection. Licensed Engineers are ethically bound to use information obtained during the inspection only for their client's benefits. Click here for info on Licensed Professional Engineers.
If you want information about the inspection, our client will have to provide Heimer Engineering written authorization to discuss the inspection. Heimer Engineering cannot accept blanket authorizations. The client will need to be specific as to what can be discussed. Heimer Engineering can only discuss what is authorized in writing. Heimer Engineering cannot provide the seller the status of preparing the emailed report.
- Inspections are performed substantially follow standards of practice. Click here for info on Home Inspection Standards of Practice. The purpose of the inspection is to find and disclose information from an Engineering point of view and disclose it to our clients. Heimer Engineering does not fabricate deficiencies. Heimer Engineering does not exaggerate conditions. Heimer Engineering does not kill deals to get future business.
- If any extremely hazardous or life-threatening conditions are found, a Licensed Engineer is required by law to report the condition to the appropriate authorities. This is based on the laws of the State of New York.
- It is the client's choice what they do with the information provided to them. Heimer Engineering has no control of what our clients do with the inspection information.
- A verbal report and on-site report are provided to the client at the inspection. The emailed report follows within three to four business days.
- Heimer Engineering cannot speak with the seller's contractor or seller's termite inspectors about the findings. Heimer Engineering does not provide repair specifications.
- Heimer Engineering does not perform repairs. Heimer Engineering does not recommend contractors. Heimer Engineering does not provide the Architectural, Engineering, or Environmental services we recommend to clients.
- Sellers have informed Heimer Engineering that our clients misunderstood the Engineer's findings, and asked that we contact the clients. Heimer Engineering cannot contact clients on the seller's behalf.
- Sellers have informed Heimer Engineering that our clients have reported the Engineer said things like, "the whole house needs to be gutted", "the house needs to be bulldozed and a new house built", "the wiring is bad to the bone", "the heating system is a useless hunk of junk", etc. When the Engineers describe a deficiency, the defect and potential remedy are described. What the client is telling you is their interpretation of what the Engineers said. Heimer Engineering cannot contact clients on the seller's behalf to clarify the client's understanding.
- Sellers have informed Heimer Engineering that the Real Estate Broker has exaggerated the Engineer's findings to negotiate a better price or put pressure on the seller. Heimer Engineering cannot contact clients on the seller's behalf to discuss how the Real Estate Broker may have exaggerated.
- Sellers have informed Heimer Engineering that the buyer's parents have been saying things to the buyer that are not true, and requested the buyer be contacted. Heimer Engineering cannot contact clients on the seller's behalf to explain how the buyer's parents are in error.
If you have any questions on this, please send an email to Harold Krongelb PE. While specific information on the inspection cannot be provided, general questions will be answered.
Contact Heimer Engineering℠
Heimer Engineering℠ is happy to help you. Senior Staff members are available Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM. After 5 PM, please leave a message. Messages are checked during the day on Sunday, and Sunday evening through Thursday evening. Inspections are performed seven days a week.
Heimer Engineering's℠ inspection fees are competitive with non-Engineer Home Inspector's fees, especially when you consider that many non-Engineers charge extra for termite inspections, swimming pools, etc.
Inspection orders are taken by senior staff members. A real estate purchase is complex and you should be able to speak with someone who can answer your inspection questions.
To set up an appointment for a pre-purchase inspection or to find out about Engineering services or expert court testimony email Info@heimer.com, text 888.769.6910, or call 646.757.4500. If no staff member is in the office, leave a message.
Ask About a Web Discount
Heimer Engineering℠ serve the Greater New York area, including New York City (Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island), Long Island (Nassau County, Suffolk County, and Upstate New York (Rockland County, Putnam County, and Westchester County).
In the event of a life-threatening emergency call 911. Emergency situations need to be handled by first-responders who can evacuate buildings, shut utilities off, and take other steps necessary to preserve life.
Standards of Practice
and Code of Ethics
Heimer Engineering's℠ Professional Engineer Home Inspectors substantially adhere to the InterNACHI® Code of Ethics, to Subpart 197-4 of the State of New York Code of Ethics and Regulations for Home Inspectors, the ASHI® Standards of Practice, and the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE®) Code of Ethics. In the event of a conflict, the Professional Engineer Home Inspectors use Engineering judgment to decide what standard or Engineering principle takes precedence. All State of New York Licensed Professional Engineers are bound by New York State Education Law Article 145.
Ask about a web discount. Discounts are also available for referrals (attorney, real estate broker, mortgage broker, co-worker, friend) first time buyers, senior citizens, military (army, navy, air force, marines, coast guard), first responders (police, ambulance, fire), municipal employees, security personnel, and union members.
Translate This Webpage
|Using Google Translate, you can view this webpage in the language of your choice.|
Heimer Engineering PC℠ performs home inspections, building inspections, condo inspections, and co-op inspections in the State of New York. Expert witness services are provided regarding playground injuries, parking lot, walkway, and stairway slip, trip, and fall.
The Heimer Engineering PC℠ website was designed and is maintained by Harold Krongelb PE. The contents of this website were written by Harold Krongelb PE. This website is not intended to offer Engineering opinions or advice. Sitemaps and indexing information can be found at Page Sitemap, Image Sitemap, Mobile Sitemap, and Video Sitemap.
©1997-2019 Andrea and Harold Krongelb. All rights reserved. Used under a revocable license by Heimer Engineering PC. All documents and methods used by Heimer Engineering PC are owned by Harold and Andrea Krongelb and are used under a revocable license.
Hashtags: #HomeInspection, #HomeInspector, #HouseInspection, #BuildingInspection, #CondoInspection, #CondominiumInspection, #CoopInspection, #ProfessionalEngineer, #NewYorkEngineer, #PrePurchaseInspection, #HeimerEngineering, #NewYorkHeimer Engineering PC
2171 Jericho Turnpike, Suite 230
Commack, New York, USA 11725-2947
Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island: 646.757.4500
Nassau County, Suffolk County, New York: 516.487.2100 631.858.5500
Westchester County, Putnam County, Rockland County, New York: 914.576.6100 845.638.4900