The Cost of Choosing the
Wrong Home Inspector
Pre-Purchase Home, Building, Condo, and Co-op Inspections in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland, Putnam, and Westchester
from Heimer Engineering℠.
To donate to the American Red Cross Hurricane Florence relief, click here
Click on the green highlighted text to navigate this website.
Call 800.605.1500 and speak with a senior staff member.
Heimer Engineering℠ is happy to help you. 😊
You depend on the pre-purchase inspection to provide you with important information to help you decide on purchasing real estate. You typically have 5 to 10 business days to have a pre-purchase inspection performed. Once the inspector arrives on the site, you have to decide if he or she is capable of performing the inspection.
There are no do-overs if the inspector who performs the inspection does not perform the inspection to your satisfaction. It is important to chose the Inspector wisely. You need to know not only what the inspection costs, but what is included and what limitations exist.
Choosing the wrong inspector may save money now, but the real expense is in the future. The wrong inspector could allow you to buy the proverbial money pit.
We strive to achieve the highest ethical standards. As Licensed Engineers, every effort is made to provide information that allows you to be an informed consumer.
- Some inspection firms do not tell you the inspection limitations until the inspector arrives at the site. Heimer Engineering℠ does not deceive clients to get them to make appointments.
- All pre-purchase inspections have the same limitations, yet some inspection firms hide these limitations. Heimer Engineering℠ discloses the limitations on our website and in the report, including placing the pre-inspection agreement on our website so you can understand the limitations of any pre-purchase inspection. Limitations are inherent in any pre-purchase inspection.
- Some inspection firms imply that they include an environmental inspection, when all they offer is the same visual inspection Heimer Engineering provides. Heimer Engineering℠ discloses in advance that a pre-purchase inspection is not an environmental inspection.
- Some inspectors exaggerate the seriousness of a problem so that you are in a better position to negotiate with the seller. Heimer Engineering℠ does not misrepresent the seriousness of a defect.
- Some inspectors claim that they can find hidden defects using thermal imaging. Heimer Engineering℠ does not tell you that thermal imaging will find defects behind walls.
- Some inspectors tack on extra charges at the time of the inspection. Heimer Engineering℠ does not raise prices at the inspection site.
- Some inspectors imply that their insurance covers you. Insurance covers the policy holder against claims made against the policy holder. A client has to make a claim (which often involves hiring an Attorney to file a law suit) before the insurance is brought in. Heimer Engineering℠ does not tell you the inspection insurance covers you.
Our Licensed Engineers follow the National Society of Professional Engineer's Code of Ethics and are subject to the laws governing Professional Engineers in The State of New York. These guidelines and laws cover topics such as conflicts of interest, general ethical behavior, working on behalf of our client's interests, etc. You can be sure of the highest ethical standards when using Heimer Engineering's℠ Professional Engineers.
Contact Heimer Engineering℠
Heimer Engineering℠ is happy to help you. Senior Staff members are available Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM. After 5 PM, please leave a message. Messages are checked during the day on Sunday, and Sunday evening through Thursday evening. Inspections are performed seven days a week.
Heimer Engineering's℠ inspection fees are competitive with non-Engineer's fees, especially when you consider that many non-Engineers charge extra for termite inspections, swimming pools, etc.
Inspection orders are taken by senior staff members. A real estate purchase is complex and you should be able to speak with someone who can answer your inspection questions.
To set up an appointment for a pre-purchase inspection or to find out about Engineering services or expert court testimony email Info@heimer.com, text 888.769.6910, or call 800.605.1500. If no staff member is in the office, leave a message.
Ask About a Web Discount
Heimer Engineering℠ serves the Metro New York area, including New York City (Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island), Long Island (Nassau County, Suffolk County, and Upstate New York (Rockland County, Putnam County, and Westchester County).
In the event of a life-threatening emergency call 911. Emergency situations need to be handled by first-responders who can evacuate buildings, shut utilities off, and take other steps necessary to preserve life.
Standards of Practice
and Code of Ethics
Our Licensed Engineers substantially adhere to the InterNACHI® Code of Ethics, to Subpart 197-4 of the State of New York Code of Ethics and Regulations for Home Inspectors, the ASHI® Standards of Practice, and the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE®) Code of Ethics. In the event of a conflict, the Licensed Engineer uses Engineering judgment to decide what standard or Engineering principle takes precedence. All State of New York Licensed Engineers are bound by New York State Education Law Article 145.
Ask about a web discount. Discounts are also available for referrals (attorney, real estate broker, mortgage broker, co-worker, friend) first time buyers, senior citizens, military (army, navy, air force, marines, coast guard), first responders (police, ambulance, fire), municipal employees, security personnel, and union members.
Translate This Webpage
|Using Google Translate, you can view this webpage in the language of your choice.|
Heimer Engineering℠ performs home inspections, building inspections, condo inspections, and co-op inspections in the State of New York. Expert witness services are provided regarding playground injuries, parking lot, walkway, and stairway slip, trip, and fall.
The Heimer Engineering℠ website was designed and is maintained by Harold Krongelb PE. The contents of this website were written by Harold Krongelb P.E. This website is not intended to offer Engineering opinions or advice. Sitemaps and indexing information can be found at Page Sitemap, Image Sitemap, Mobile Sitemap, and Video Sitemap.
©1997-2018 Andrea and Harold Krongelb. All rights reserved. Used under license by Heimer Engineering PC.Heimer Engineering PC
f/k/a Richard L Heimer PE PC
2171 Jericho Turnpike, Suite 230
Commack, New York, USA 11725-2947
New York Metro: 800.605.1500
New York Metro: 800.640.8090
New York Metro: 646.757.4500
Bronx, New York: 718.547.2000
Brooklyn, New York: 718.237.7777
Manhattan, New York: 212.563.4777
Long Island, New York: 516.487.2100
Long Island, New York: 631.549.2500
Nassau County, New York: 516.487.2100
Putnam County, New York: 845.638.4900
Queens, New York: 718.544.3000
Staten Island, New York: 718.227.5000
Suffolk County, New York: 631.858.5500
Suffolk County, New York: 631.288.3900
Suffolk County, New York: 631.549.2500
Westchester County, New York: 914.576.6100
Fax: 631.858.5599, 646.795.4571